Saturday, August 22, 2009

Dispatcher Resigns his Post

Ahh, I hate to say it, but that dispatcher is me.........

Well, I've been dreading making this post, but stuff happens, ya know? Last week I found out that me and my kids have to move away. Although a tough development to say the least, I'm in good spirits and I think this will eventually be for the best somewhere down the road. It may take awhile to feel like it, but I'm confident this will somehow work out.

I've decided that the best thing for me and my young'uns is to go and be close to my family in the Dallas area until I can get back on my feet. My Mom, Dad, and Sister all live near there and have really stepped up to support me.

I've already started to apply at several law enforcement agencies in the area and have no doubt I'll find a new home in 911 somewhere around there. I've turned in my notice here and many of my co-workers have already shown their regret, but also their support. I must say, I'm really gonna miss my home town. The people here at my job (officers and dispatchers alike) have really been like an extended family to me and I'm certainly gonna miss them.

As for my blog, I'm so dissapointed because I was really starting to enjoy this. I am definately going to start back up again once I'm back in the game, but for now, I'm gonna have to stop posting. The next few weeks are going to be hard for me and my kids. We'll be settling into our new life and probably won't have alot of time on the computer. But, like I said, I'll eventually find a new home in 911 and will definately resume posting. I know no matter where I go, the calls are still just as crazy!

So, for now, this blog will still be up, but it will be on the back-burner for a little while. You might check back in a month or so, and hopefully, I'll start rolling again.

Till then,
Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment