Saturday, July 25, 2009

Can you come arrest my wife? She's spending all my money....

Yup, sure enough, first call of the day and we were off to a glorious start. A man calls me up and says he wants an officer to come out and arrest his wife. I ask him why and he tells me the story of he and his wife's pending divorce and how she's now taking money out of his bank account and going out and spending it all. (I thought about having him call up my wife and tell her how that makes him feel but held my tongue) Unfortunately for this poor fellow, the police department will not enforce budgetary indescretions or fiscal irresponsiblities by your spouse. I had to tell him that during the divorce process he can ask the judge to make her give the money back but that's up to the judge. And in the meantime, put your money somewhere else if you don't want her spending it.

This one also tied for first place. Female caller on 911 lines poses a "what if" question at me. Oh, and I do love the "what if's", because they are almost always completely stupid... She starts off with "What happens if I kill my boyfriend because he won't get out of my car?" I told her that before she goes and does something like that she needs to let police officers come out and handle the siuation. (Cell phone call by the way, so I don't know where they're at). She says, well he ain't worth nothing and I'm tired of his ass and I just want him out of my car. I again told her that police should respond. She says, "Well they aint worth nothin either" of course indicating she didn't want us out there. "So what happens if I kill him?" "Ma'am, you'd be arrested and put in jail for Murder"............(I meant to say DUHH!!!)... She says fine in a resigned fashion, as if she was dissapointed I wouldn't give her permission to kill him, then gets off the phone. I would certainly have sent officers but didnt have a location and she was obviously anti-PD (there's a few cop-haters out there) so there wasnt anything more I could do with the call. Also, my impression at the time was that the call was meant to intimidate her boyfriend in the car to start acting right and not to actually get police involved. Who knows, might've worked.

Anyways, these two calls show one thing for sure, these people walk among us......(hushed voice)(and they're EVERYWHERE!)

Of course there are many more calls that I handled but mostly routine stuff. I'll go into to those just to give you an idea of the range of calls I take, but I'll most likely stop mentioning them altogether in future posts. I imagine I'll only go into the more interesting ones and hope people realize these are interspersed among many other calls.

Several calls for minor vehicle accidents with no injuries

One call from a car lot who found several vehicles with windows smashed in when the got to work

One lady who had a swarm of bees out on her back porch (we don't go out for those by the way, you have to call an exterminator, unless of course someones been stung or hurt), fairly common call though, comes up pretty often

Couple calls for vehicles that had been burglarized during the night.

One guy set off his burglar alarm in his home

One poor elderly man fell and broke his hip

A guy was giving away puppies at the Walmart parking lot without a permit

One guy had a car catch on fire out in his driveway

And last but not least, one lady called to report her gas had been siphoned from her tank overnight. She filled the car last night and this morning it was empty. She calls back later though when she realized her gas gauge was broken.

Anyways, that's one day in the life of a 911 dispatcher. More posts to follow.

By the way, any feedback would be great. Let me know if you find this stuff interesting.

1 comment:

  1. So how do I get into my soon to be ex's to get his money??? heehee!

    ReplyDelete